Site down after upgrade to 1.5.6

Help! After I upgraded the Patreon plugin, all requests to my site are getting the error message “There has been a critical error on your website.”

I got this email:

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Patreon Wordpress.

Error Details

=============

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 2717 of the file /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php. Error message: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::add_post_webhook()

I believe you are still using Api v1 at your site or your site was marked for api v2.

The below procedure will likely work and upgrade your site to v2:

• Visit ‘Patreon settings’ menu in WP admin, click ‘Connection’ button.
  • Empty all the fields that appeared - which you can
  • Delete the app for your site at the below page.

You can identify the app for this particular site by checking the ‘redirect uri’ value in the app details at the above page.

• After this, back at your site, go to ‘Patreon settings’ and click ‘Connect’ to reconnect your site to Patreon.

This will likely address that issue you have been experiencing.

Yes, my app was still using the v1 API. I reconnected the site to Patreon like you said and that fixed the error. Thanks!

1 Like

Great to hear. Let us know if you have any feedback on the post sync feature.