Error after create OAuth

Hello!

After clicking the allow button, an error appears.Tell me what I can do? I tried disabling all plugins - it didn’t help.

Thanks!

Patreon Wordpress would like to …
•Create an OAuth client for your campaign

Allow

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::create_refresh_client() in /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_routing.php:329 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): Patreon_Routing->parse_request(Object(WP)) #1 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(544): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp.php(387): do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’, Array) #4 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp.php(729): WP->parse_request(’’) #5 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/functions.php(1255): WP->main(’’) #6 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp() #7 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/index.php(17): require(’/var/www/u01363…’) #8 {mai in /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_routing.php on line 329

Which version of Patreon Wordpress are you using?

Patreon Wordpress Version: 1.4.7
Wordpress ver. 5.3.2

What PHP version are you using? Is it 7.3?

This issue is same with the issue which Petar is experiencing. But its not reproduce-able with PHP 7.2.

Your situation is the same situation with Petar’s - please check out the below post for solution:

PHP version 7.3.15

It’s not working out. Please help. Step by step. Let’s start from the beginning. I’ll delete everything, and the client (https://www.patreon.com/portal/registration/register-clients) and the plugin itself from Wordpress. What’s next , do I need to change the PHP version?

version 1.5.2 may solve your problem:

After upgrading to 1.5.2, try ‘Disconnect’ button in ‘Patreon settings’ to disconnect your site from Patreon. It may fail with an error - that’s ok.

If the saved details in Connection section are not deleted after that, you can delete them manually. Also delete the already existing app at Patreon clients page manually if it still exists.

Now, after this, when you try to reconnect your site to Patreon with the ‘Connect’ button that now appeared in ‘Patreon settings’ menu, it will wipe all info related to v1, and it will set your site up for v2.

Try this procedure out and let me know whether this works for you.

I did everything you said.

After: “Create an OAuth client for your campaign”
It returns an error like this:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::create_refresh_client() in /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_routing.php:329 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): Patreon_Routing->parse_request(Object(WP)) #1 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(544): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp.php(387): do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’, Array) #4 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp.php(729): WP->parse_request(’’) #5 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-includes/functions.php(1255): WP->main(’’) #6 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp() #7 /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/index.php(17): require(’/var/www/u01363…’) #8 {mai in /var/www/u0136330/data/www/shmupradio.com/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_routing.php on line 329

So you used ‘Disconnect’ button before starting the setup, and then used ‘Connect’ button to start the procedure, right?

Yes, and manually deleted all the information in Connection section.

Ok, now that’s useful info - ill try to reproduce this.

Starting from a v1 installation, im unable to reproduce this.

Are you able to access phpmyadmin or any other tool that allows you to see WP’s db contents?

Can you check the value of patreon-installation-api-version in wp_options table if that is the case?

There is no option: patreon-installation-api-version

Odd.

Can you try doing this with PHP 7.2?

The same thing. I used the word “patreon” in the search and found nothing…

Since we have a website in different languages, we use a Multisite - https://wordpress.org/support/article/create-a-network/.

As far as I understand, the placement of options for the multisite network is different. Could this be a mistake? For a network of sites, do I need to register options elsewhere?

Yes, tables for each subsite should be different. You should check the relevant subsite’s tables for that.

Also you can try to make sure that your host’s opcache is not caching old PHP code. Or any caching plugin used in your multisite network.

Just update this thread with the results by tomorrow and we can continue debugging then.

Caching is not used.
Checked all the tables. There are no records with Patreon settings.

Is it possible to connect the site manually?

Yes, by creating a v2 client at register clients page using the relevant site information, then copy/pasting those to Connection section in ‘Patreon Settings’, you can manually connect the site.

You can create clients above.

I think I did. I will test the next publication. Thanks.

1 Like