Discord + PMP roles possible?

Hi,

Is it possible to use this with the Discord role and stuff in-line with pmpro?

Example: If someone joins via Patreon they can get a Discord role (if linked).

However, when people signup via pmpro even if they use the same email they’ve with Patreon it doesn’t give the Discord role. Is this possible? Is there a way to force Patreon login or something.

I’ve no idea if the content unlocking side of things work, as I guess I’d need to buy my own membership to test that-side of things but those who signed up via WP/pmpro lose out on the Discord Role perk/benefit.

I know via /wp-admin/profile.php I can link Patreon. However, general users can’t access /wp-admin is there a way they can link Patreon together w/ the site?

EDIT: Do I need something like this? Connect Paid Memberships Pro to Discord – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org English (UK)

Cheers

I’ve no experience with that plugin, but why would you not just have Patreon do this for you as part of the reward tiers?

Because not everyone joins via Patreon, some signup via PMP and seems no way to force Patreon and disable regular signups/PMP and only allow Patreon.

PMP allows Stripe which some visitors choose to donate one-time instead of joining Patreon but then they lose the donation role/perk.

Makes sense. Looking at the link you provided earlier, it certainly seems like that plugin would work.

Patreon WordPress or Patron Plugin Pro should already automatically link your patron’s WP accounts and Patreon accounts together when they register or login at your site via Patreon. Including while unlocking your WP posts via Patreon.

The linked plugin seems to be from a developer involved with Paid Memberships Pro. Though it seems to be a pretty new plugin, it may be worth a try.

What’s different in Patreon WordPress vs Patron Plugin Pro?

The Discord plugin above is working flawless many months on.

My current only issue now is with roles…

They purchased a Patreon Tier > used “Log In with Patreon” button but they aren’t given the role it’s only given him “Subscriber” role in WordPress (not their “Premium” role) but did give their paid role in the Discord?. I’m confused!

Since he only has the Subscriber role and not the paid ‘Premium’ role he is unable to access pages behind PMP due to missing role.

PS: I see “delete_post_webhook - API v2 Class - UUID” spam in the last 50 connection errors daily, is this something I should be worried about?

Okay, so it seems to be acting like a login loop as well. Acting like it’s logging in but then goes back to the same login page.

Tried to remove and re-add tokens, disconnect user, no luck.

Was working fine 3 days ago the customer said.

Pro brings various popular content locking methods and advanced features that dont exist in the free version. Content drip locking method that allows you to slowly release content to your patrons for continued patronage is a popular one. Shortcodes that allow locking only parts of your post content is another. Some people like the login gate feature that allows only patrons to log in. ‘Show last X posts’, ‘Lock last X posts’, ‘Show/lock after date’ and similar advanced gating options are also popular. There are features which allow you to customize many things, like custom locked post summaries or sneak peeks before locked posts. There’s a lot of stuff.

They purchased a Patreon Tier > used “Log In with Patreon” button but they aren’t given the role it’s only given him “Subscriber” role in WordPress (not their “Premium” role) but did give their paid role in the Discord?. I’m confused!

Thats normal - the plugin assigns subscriber role to patrons when they login.

Since he only has the Subscriber role and not the paid ‘Premium’ role he is unable to access pages behind PMP due to missing role.

If you gated the content by both plugins, then the patron should be able to access gated content through his Patreon patronage.

Pro brings various popular content locking methods and advanced features that dont exist in the free version.

It seems none of that would benefit me currently, although we do plan to lock half-page content in the future so might be worth looking at when we launch that.

Thats normal - the plugin assigns subscriber role to patrons when they login.

Yeah, normal to assign the Subscriber role but shouldn’t it also assign the paid role? I.e. both ‘Subscriber’ and ‘Premium’

If you gated the content by both plugins, then the patron should be able to access gated content through his Patreon patronage.

The page is set to require Premium via ‘Require Membership’ w/ PMP and Patreon Level ‘Any patron’ $0.01

It’s given them Subscriber role but not the paid Premium role @ Patreon

They can see the page content’s but unable to download the file due to It requires Premium role. I’m guessing Patreon Plugin doesn’t work well with WordPress Download Manager (FREE)? Since it doesn’t give them the required paid-role and just loops a “login” over and over…

PS: I see “delete_post_webhook - API v2 Class - UUID” spam in the last 50 connection errors daily, is this something I should be worried about?

The plugin is likely trying to delete a post webhook that it created when you enabled the post sync for the first time. If you enabled, then disabled it this may happen even if you enable it again. This is like a bug that has no effect on your site operations. It will likely get addressed in the next release. But just ignore it.