Multiple Authors/Patreon

Hi there.

So, I wish to connect multiple patreons (where each post would retrieve the API details of the author).

I am fine for using multiple API keys. Each author can set that themselves (using user meta fields on their profiles).

That being said, is there a way I can (after creating user meta fields) pull the API credentials using based on author?

Is there a filter I could use?

Thanks for hearing me out.

J.

1 Like

You can reach out to support and they can grant you access to manage multiple patreon accounts depending on what you’re using it for.

Hey @Jfantasybooks,

Nick here from the Patreon platform team.

If you reach out to my team at platform@patreon.com we can work with you on getting you an API client that works with multiple Patreon campaigns.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi. I sent an email around a week ago. No response. Can you check for me? I know you must be busy, but I would like to know if helping me out on building a platform with multiple patreons is feasible, and if your team would be interested in working together on this.

J.

Hey @Jfantasybooks,

I can definitely look. Do you remember the ticket#? I could have sworn I sent you an update shortly after you submitted the ticket.

Hi, no.

I only sent an email to "platform@patreon.com" but there was no response.

J.

I sent another email. I am hopeful of a response.

Hey @Jfantasybooks - You should have an update for this in your email.

Found it in my SPAM! Lolz. I guess I was so used to not visiting it via the business email address.

Thanks, I’ll continue the talk through there.

Also wondering about this, and sent out an email. :smile:

You cant use one single API client for multiple creators’ campaigns.

However, if you ask the correct scopes from the creators using your own client, you could access their campaigns and you could do what you want to do on their behalf (ie show gated content etc).

1 Like

Hi there, I’m not too savvy in this topic for the pateron plugin. What are you referring to when you say scopes for the creator page and how do I retrieve scopes from a pateron’s creator page?

Ah. If you are using the existing plugins, this cant be done over those plugins. They are intended for a single campaign. You can connect multiple websites to the same campaign. But you can’t connect multiple campaigns to a single website.

1 Like

I see, and you won’t be considering a multiple campaign for a single site for the plugin any time soon?

That’s a pretty advanced use case and a complicated setup. So I don’t think it would be looked at anytime soon.