Odd link color / format - different from the usual orange color on Patreon

This forum is for people who are developing using the Patreon API, it isn’t a forum for support with patreon.com – you would need to reach out to the Patreon support team for Patreon help: https://www.patreon.com/faq

That said… I can see what the problem is by looking at the HTML output of your post. The Patreon styling for links is based on a link being inside a paragraph element:

#component-playground p a, .reactWrapper p a, #component-playground .text a, .reactWrapper .text a, #component-playground ol a, .reactWrapper ol a {
    font-weight: 700;
    color: #F96854;
    text-decoration-skip: ink;
    -webkit-transition: #F96854 200ms cubic-bezier(0.19,1,0.22,1));
    transition: #F96854 200ms cubic-bezier(0.19,1,0.22,1));
}

However the first part of your post isn’t in a paragraph element, so it’s not getting the link styling:

I have just tested and I can reproduce the issue: the first paragraph of a Patreon post is not in a paragraph element, it appears to be a consistent bug and not something you’ve caused. You can work around this by adding a new line at the start of your post[1] (so that the first text of the post is in the first paragraph) or by not including the link in the first paragraph.

You should report this to the Patreon support team.

[1] Like this:

1 Like