Odd link color / format - different from the usual orange color on Patreon

On this post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/18832772
The format and colour of the first link shows up different from every other link (different from the usual orange colour on Patreon)
I tried removing the link, adding it back again, remove formatting, re-writing the entire post again… but no matter what I, I can’t seem to get this link show in the same colour and format as the others. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

This forum is for people who are developing using the Patreon API, it isn’t a forum for support with patreon.com – you would need to reach out to the Patreon support team for Patreon help: https://www.patreon.com/faq

That said… I can see what the problem is by looking at the HTML output of your post. The Patreon styling for links is based on a link being inside a paragraph element:

#component-playground p a, .reactWrapper p a, #component-playground .text a, .reactWrapper .text a, #component-playground ol a, .reactWrapper ol a {
    font-weight: 700;
    color: #F96854;
    text-decoration-skip: ink;
    -webkit-transition: #F96854 200ms cubic-bezier(0.19,1,0.22,1));
    transition: #F96854 200ms cubic-bezier(0.19,1,0.22,1));

However the first part of your post isn’t in a paragraph element, so it’s not getting the link styling:

I have just tested and I can reproduce the issue: the first paragraph of a Patreon post is not in a paragraph element, it appears to be a consistent bug and not something you’ve caused. You can work around this by adding a new line at the start of your post[1] (so that the first text of the post is in the first paragraph) or by not including the link in the first paragraph.

You should report this to the Patreon support team.

[1] Like this:

1 Like

@Amishka - This is known odd behavior that we’re working on fixing. I’m actually the one who reported the bug to our design team as URL links should be orange. No ETA on a fix just yet, but figured I’d let you know we’re aware of it.

@sam - Thanks, as always, for being amazing and digging into the issue. I added your comments to the bug we have in JIRA for this.