Patreon WordPress plugin: I had a cancelled member login and download content

Hi there,
I had a cancelled member login and download content from my site that was supposed to be for members only. I’m not sure how they were able to get in.

Canceled members retain their membership until the end of the current payment period at patreon.com. The plugin also replicates that behavior. If a patron has canceled, s/he is still a patron until the end of the relevant payment period.

That if Patreon is in 30 day mode. I had a hit and run download when my Patreon was in instant mode.

Instant mode? Charge up front payment period should be either 30 day or 1 year. Do you mean per-creation?

There is a mode where Patreon doesn’t charge the patron if he/she subs and desubs in the same day. It’s the non-upfront charge mode. I had a hit and run subscriber when my page was in that mode. So I switched to charge upfront(charge upfront).

There is a mode where Patreon doesn’t charge the patron if he/she subs and desubs in the same day. It’s the non-upfront charge mode.

Yes, with non charge up front that can happen. So if you reward system is not compatible with it, you should switch to charge up front.

1 Like