Post Sync feature on plugin is breaking my site

Here’s the error that’s generated when I use the post sync feature on rightweather.com. The site is hosted by WPEngine. If I disable post sync, then the site loads fine.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.4.1
Current theme: Jannah (version 4.6.6)
Current plugin: Patreon Wordpress (version 1.5.6)
PHP version 7.3.17-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 2717 of the file /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Patreon_API::add_post_webhook() in /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-content/plugins/patreon-connect/classes/patreon_wordpress.php:2717
Stack trace:
#0 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Patreon_Wordpress->check_post_sync_webhook(’’)
#1 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-settings.php(540): do_action(‘init’)
#4 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-config.php(143): require_once(’/nas/content/li…’)
#5 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/nas/content/li…’)
#6 /nas/content/live/rightweather/wp-login.php(12): require(’/nas/content/li…’)
#7 {main}
thrown

Your site may still be using apiv1, therefore still loading v1 version of the api class. Hence the missing add_post_webhook.

Try disconnecting your site from Patreon and reconnecting. First click the disconnect button. This will likely fail with an error if your site was still using v1. Its an indicator.

Then click connection tab, empty all details and save. After that, reconnect your site to Patreon using the ‘Connect’ button that appeared.

Then you can try using post sync and see if the error still persists.

I think that worked. Thanks

1 Like

Right? Then it means your site was still using v1 api.