Question Regarding Paid Membership Pro and Patreon Plugin

I switched hosts. They were terrible to begin with. They kept shutting down the website due to a 75000 query limit per hour. In researching the queries they are mostly from one of the plugins. So I need you tell me if that activity is normal because I turned off sync and those queries seem to continue. They are calling various posts from Patreon but I can’t imagine why.

75000 queries per hour (assuming they are outgoing api requests) is definitely on the high side. I cant make a definitive comment before you forward me a higher resolution screenshot of those calls. Call details are necessary, so if the image does not include where the calls are going to and with what request, they wont be meaningful.

Okay I will email higher resolution images of the requests. As I stated already, if you want to just login to the site, I can give you access. But I will send you another email so you can look at the requests.

Please check support tickets. I would like a refund. Do I need to turn off and uninstall the app first?

You dont need to uninstall the app. But you lost access to plugin updates and fixes with the revoking of the license.

This app is a nightmare. I have UNISTALLED Patreon pro. I have deleted it. It’s gone. Yet it’s still on the dashboard and STILL making http api calls. Wtf. How do I get it off my site completely?

If you uninstalled the plugin via WP plugin admin, and its still in your plugins list, then it means that there is something considerably odd with your WP installation because the a WP plugin does not have the capability to stay installed despite being uninstalled from WP admin.

As i replied to your support ticket at codebard.com, this can be due to your host using opcache and opcache not refreshing the cached PHP code. This can cause old states of the pages to be read from cache and served again - ie, the plugin manager before you uninstalled the plugin.

Alternatively you could have some situation at your site in which plugin installations dont work. That may be the more likely case.

In either case, i would recommend that you look into these things, because if any of the above situations exist, they would be affecting everything else in your WP installation in a random fashion.

No such situation has been reported by anybody among ~5000+ users of the plugin throughout 3 years. And its not reproducable in a test installation. There is nothing we can do to help you on our side. You should work with a WP dev to look into this situation.