Redirect and $ amount are not working as expected

The plugin seems to be working in general, but there are two confusing things happening. First off, I’m doing a test post that is hidden from my blog/newsfeed, but is otherwise public if one searches for it. The dollar amount I locked the post at is $3, which it correctly announces when you go to the page and are not logged in. However after hitting the “unlock” button and logging in, the payment page starts out at $1, not $3. Not sure why that might be, but it could lead to real confusion if people were not paying close attention to the $3 notice.

Secondly, testing with another account that has already donated above the $3 amount, after the login, it took them to the landing page of my site, rather than to the original post. I would assume that the plugin is supposed to be redirecting to the original page, so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I am hoping to drive traffic here asap, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed that these two things are easy to solve. Thanks!

0 Likes

UPDATE: forget the thing about the landing page; that was a user error which has been resolved.

Also, I’ve deciphered part of the first dilemma, but there is still something of a mystery.
So, after testing with multiple accounts/situations, it turns out that if a person has not yet become Patron, then the system defaults to showing the $1 amount…but then, if a user selects “confirm” from that, the system will change the dollar/tier to what it should be…

…unless the dollar amount locking the post is off from one’s existing tiers. EX: if I list the price to unlock a post as $4, but my tiers are $1 and $3, it’ll jump to $3…but if I hit “confirm” again, it just reloads the $3 tier…again and again…meaning the plugin cannot handle amounts other than what the existing tiers are…and will only show the right tier amount from the get-go if someone has already donated at least $1 to start off with, prior.

It’s not the worst thing in the world, but assuming folks stick to list prices that match their tiers, it’s still goofy for first-time supporters…forcing creators to have to explain this up front, lest someone be seriously confused and just back away from the process.

0 Likes

One more thing. After running that last test with the $1, $3, $4 thing…I discovered that even though the system just kept showing $3 with no final confirmation, apparently the system considered that a legit $3 contribution! In other words, it processed the membership, but the Patreon page never said so. I got a confirmation email, which is how I noticed it, otherwise that payment might have gone unnoticed in two weeks.

It’s a great first step for this plugin…and I’m grateful to have it…but it still has some bugs.

0 Likes

I was able to reproduce these. I will tell the team today.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Cheers!

0 Likes