"Refresh" to access content not working on alternative browser or device

My patrons are unable to unlock Wordpress posts when accessing my website with an alternative browser or device from the browser/device they originally used when they first signed-up for Patreon.

I am able to recreate this issue on my iPad, iPhone, and using Safari as an alt browser on Desktop.

Originally I have my website and Patreon logged into Chrome where it is working as designed. It also works for my patrons when they access my website from the original browser/device where they signed up. The problem pops up when using a secondary browser or device to access locked content.

Steps to recreate:

1. Open website on alternative browser or device

2. Log into Patreon on the alternative browser or device. If the device is a tablet/phone, this could include logging into the Patreon app.

3. Navigate to a locked posted on my website. Select “Refresh” to access content.

4. Select “Allow” to give the website permission to connect to Patreon account.

5. Select “Log in with Patreon”
    ps3

6. Get redirected to permissions page with “Allow/Deny” options = stuck in loop!

Troubleshooting I have tried:

1. Reconnecting my website to Patreon
  2. Changing Tiers on locked posts from a specific tier to “Any Patron”
  3. Refreshing Tiers on locked posts. The plugin spins and stops responding.

Any help appreciated! :smiley:

I am going to switch my website to PMP and grandfather in existing Patreons. I haven’t been able to find a solution to this issue. :confused:

You are hosted at Wordpress.com. Their service may be interfering with the login process for security reasons. Try moving to self-hosted WP at some known provider - there you should be in full control of the login process.