Setup Wizard not working

When I try to run the connection wizard, it reroutes me to my homepage with a string of code in the URL. There isn’t any success notification or page and every time I go to check the settings it asks me to keep doing the same step. I have created a total of 2 different apps so far, 2 different versions and yet, nothing.

I checked my Health Status and it says connected, though there are 50 errors (25 of them duplicates):

0.34 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{“error”: “invalid_grant”}

0.34 days ago

Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“7cf90394-2d6e-4e71-9052-64c0122d9616”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

Followed the documentation over and over and I can’t seem to get that working. Need some help.

This is odd.

This is the first time you install the plugin, right? You didnt used to have it before this, like in earlier 1.1.x versions?

I’ve never used it before 2 days ago. I have tried uninstalling and clearing my cache and installing it again, and it does the same thing.

Can you try visiting below page, and deleting any app related to your site, and then trying to use setup wizard at your website again?

So I deleted the app I created. When I try to disconnect my site, I’m met with this:

Sorry, couldn’t disconnect your site

Please wait a few minutes and try again. If this issue persists, you can visit your your app/clients page and delete the app/client for this site. Then you can save empty values for details in “Connection details” tab in “Patreon settings” menu at your site. This would manually disconnect your site from Patreon. Then, you can reconnect your site to another Patreon account or to the same account.

So I’m going to attempt to delete the plugin and install it again.

So when it asks me to Allow the OAuth to be made, it sends me to the my homepage with this in the URL:

https://homelesschef.org/?opauth=YToyOntzOjU6ImVycm9yIjthOjQ6e3M6ODoicHJvdmlkZXIiO3M6ODoiRmFjZWJvb2siO3M6NDoiY29kZSI7czoxODoiYWNjZXNzX3Rva2VuX2Vycm9yIjtzOjc6Im1lc3NhZ2UiO3M6NDU6IkZhaWxlZCB3aGVuIGF0dGVtcHRpbmcgdG8gb2J0YWluIGFjY2VzcyB0b2tlbiI7czozOiJyYXciO047fXM6OToidGltZXN0YW1wIjtzOjI1OiIyMDE5LTExLTEzVDE5OjI4OjA1KzAwOjAwIjt9

And there isn’t anything in my Patreon Clients and API.

Errors are still the same:

Response code: 401 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“code_name”:“Unauthorized”,“detail”:“The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.”,“id”:“3aab03e3-58fb-41b6-87b9-72f42fbddb39”,“status”:“401”,“title”:“Unauthorized”}]}

I’m logged into my account, and cookies are enabled, and I have a creator account. I have removed and disabled any plugins that aren’t needed on my site, and it still doesn’t work.

This looks like plugin is not being able to call the API on its own via your site.

Is there any plugin that modifies anything related to connections on your site? Any security/firewall plugin?

Where are you hosting your site?

I’m hosted on Blue Host.

I don’t have any plugins for security at the moment. A lot of basic plugins for WooCommerce and Visual Composer, plus Gravity Forms.

The only other thing I have connecting through an API is my Google Maps API.

Lets try this:

Just delete whatever app you have at Patreon app listing page below.

Then, create a new one manually. Copy/paste the redirect uri that you see in Patreon plugin settings when you click ‘Connection details’ at your WP site to the ‘redirect uri’ field’. And choose ‘v2’ as version.

After manually creating this client, copy/paste the 4 connection details it provides to relevant input details to ‘Connection details’ part in your Patreon plugin settings at your site. Then save.

After that, visit a post editor page to edit any post (or post a new one) and see if you can see your Patreon tiers loaded in the ‘Patreon level’ metabox.

I did all of that and it seems to be working now. Thank you!

Are you able to lock posts and unlock those posts with a patron account as well?

Yes. I’m able to limit visitors from seeing pages if they don’t meet the Patreon tier requirements.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Great. Good luck with your patrons.

I have similar problem. I did the above mentioned instructions. Although, in the connection details says success, I don’t see my tires at Post editor. Instead there is the message: You have no tires in this campaign.

Any suggestions, what I might do?