We weren't able to get the go ahead from Patreon

I downloaded the plugin last night and I’ve tried to connect to my patreon account several times. Every time I click allow, I get this message “We weren’t able to get the go ahead from Patreon while attempting to connect your site. Please wait a minute and try again. If this situation persists, [contact support].”

I’ve searched the forum, looking for answers and created API keys using v1 and v2 to try to do it manually. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Thanks.

Where are you hosting your WP site?

It seems that your site is not able to get authorization code to create the app for some reason.

You can try the solution which solved Chef_Mike’s similar issue:

After that you can see if you are able to see your tiers in Patreon level metabox in post editor. If so, then locking will work.

I found that answer here on the board and tried it before I posted. But I’ll try again and if it doesn’t work, I’ll contact Siteground. Thank you.

I tried it again, but it didn’t work. I contacted Siteground and they said, “ask them if they access the site through a specific IP or need to have a specific port open on our server for the plugin to work properly.” Thanks

Yep, connectivity to Patreon requires you being able to access Patreon API. Plugins should be able to reach.

IPs behind patreon.com and api.patreon.com should be accessible/whitelisted at your host.

If you are using Patron Pro, updates.codebard.com also should be accessible.

Since the IPs for these domains may change, it would be better if the domains are whitelisted.