This Site is Experiencing technical Difficulties

Ever since this morning, none of my Patreon users have been able to access the website. It loads a blackpage with nothing on it, occasionally popping up the error above. I’ve cleared the cache… what else should I do?

Good Morning,

can you give us a link to your page? For me this error sounds a little bit generic.

Cheers

1 Like

I fixed it by rolling back to your previous version and shutting down automatic updates. It’s a shame your newest version has some compatibility issue with one of my plugins.

Have you been able to determine which plugin does it have conflict with?

Alternatively, try upgrading to just released 1.2.8 to see if this fixes your issue.

So did this get resolved? because this problem really sucks. And yes I have the updated version.

Are you still experiencing this with 1.2.8?

It looks like 1.2.8 is working. Thanks. As for what plugin, it’s anyone’s guess. I Have like 30 something plugins… so testing it is a time consuming process.

1 Like

Great to hear. You may have a plugin which does a redirection while listing posts in the background, hence the fail.

While I have your attention, I noticed the plugin has an option to unlock stuff for people based on how much they’ve donated lifetime, but is there a way to unlock stuff based on how long they donate? It’d be really nice to offer 6 month rewards and things like that. Just a thought.

The ‘For active patrons’ option in the same metabox should do that If you use that only people who were your patrons at the time of the post’s initial post date and also patrons currently, would be able to see the post.

Thank you so much for answering. I’m still a little confused though. So… you select “For Active Patrons”,

Let’s say I want a post to ONLY open to Patreons who have been there for six months or longer. My intention is actually to have a coupon voucher which gives any Patreon user a free pdf from my store after 6 months, another after 12 months, and 18 months, 24 months and so-on and so-on.

So, do I make a post… let it sit for six months, and then click “for active patrons”?

Or… somehow change the initial post date to be six months ago? Probably an initial post changing plugin?

The only issue with that is I want the post to be the gift that keeps giving. Next month it’d be seven months, and then the month after eight months. No new people would gain the right to use it.

So, if I understand it, then I’d need to create a new post every month or if I can change the initial date every month?

Let’s say I want a post to ONLY open to Patreons who have been there for six months or longer
So, do I make a post… let it sit for six months, and then click “for active patrons”?

Technically yes, but changing the post’s first post date would also work. Ie, you edit a recent post and make its first post date 6 months ago, and it will do the same thing.

However there may be an easier way:

You just calculate how much lifetime pledge would an average patron need to pay over 6 months. Ie, if the post is locked for $5, a patron who is at the minimum paid for 6 months from $5 would have $30 lifetime pledge.

So, you can lock the post for $5, active patrons only and $30 lifetime pledge - this would make the following people qualifying patrons:

• People who were your patron without disruption (ie unpledging and then repledging) for 6 months
  • People who have paid you a total of $30 in whatever duration - even if they just subscribed yesterday from a $30 tier

Good idea. Only problem with that is I want my $1 patreons to get the same loyalty as my $5 patrons. So, If i mark $6, then my $5 patrons will get the advantage after 2 months, which i dont want. ($5+ Patreons already get a voucher free monthly that $1 dont get.) I very specifically want a benefit to come out automatically every six months for all tiers. In which case. My $1 get a benefit every 6 months and my $5 get a benefit 7 times in 6 months.

I guess i have weird ways of benefiting patrons. Thanks for all the advice. You’ve been great.

I want my $1 patreons to get the same loyalty as my $5 patrons

In that case, you can mark the post as $1, also turn on ‘active patrons only’, but leave out total historical pledge amount.

This would mean that any patron who was a patron at the time that post was posted will gain access to it as long as s/he is paying $1 currently.

I guess i have weird ways of benefiting patrons. Thanks for all the advice. You’ve been great.

My pleasure - good luck with your patrons!

Hi I seem to be having the same problem

Which exact problem?