"Require a lifetime pledge amount greater than this amount to view this post" functionality isn't working

Hi there, the title is self-explanatory. I have a page on my website that I have locked to $10 Patrons and above, though I also want to give access to my long time $5 Patrons (current lifetime pledge threshold set at $24). However, it seems that these specific Patrons are still unable to access this page, and instead are being taken to the check out page for the $10 tier. Any solutions?

Page in question: https://crinacle.com/graphs/graphtool/premium/

That feature cannot go active without the users having already logged into your site via Patreon since your site cant recognize a non-logged in user as a valid patron. Therefore it would attempt to put them into pledge flow as unrecognized visitors.

You can solve this by providing a login with patreon button (only login) using shortcode [patreon_login_button] .

But indeed this does seem to be a common issue. We will look into this and find a way to allow qualifying patrons to just refresh the post for later releases.

Is there a way to incorporate this login button into the gated page? Currently only the “Unlock with Patreon” button is showing.

You may try to put it as a widget to sidebar for the time being. Or add to your theme using do_shortcode.

Better would be to wait what we are going to release to fix this situation in 1-2 weeks.

1 Like

This has been addressed with a recent change which will go out in the next version.

Until then, you can deactivate/delete your existing plugin, upload and activate the below package and use this feature early. Please let us know if this solves your problem.

When next version is released, you can just upgrade from your WP admin and it will just keep working.

Change is out, you can just update.