Total_historical_amount_cents went 10x what it is

woke up finding total_historical_amount_cents went to 10x what it was before.

users who pledged 6.8 dollars in total (680 cents) suddenly went to 6800 cents (68 dollars).

this lead to my creation to give 10x the expected amount of rewards, inflating it hugely.

i know patreon doesn’t support the API anymore. and that’s fine. but every single time I have issues like this where it’s obviously Patreon’s API, I’m forced to come here and ask for help when… you guys can’t help me with this to be honest.

not sure what to do with patreon anymore. :confused: i’ve already started working on my own payment system with a new payment processor and it’s been going great. i guess i just have to turbo through that lol :confused:

i know patreon doesn’t support the API anymore

That’s not the case.

woke up finding total_historical_amount_cents went to 10x what it was before.

Ill look into this, yet i didnt get any other report like this.

That’s not the case.

It’s very much the case, the API is missing a lot of things and is incorrect in a lot of cases. total_historical_amount_cents is actually the user’s currency instead of USD as documented.

on top of that, a lot of other features including yearly subs are not supported in the API.

The developer that was working on the API stated openly that they were fired from Patreon a while back, so I guess Patreon fired their developers to cut their costs and started working on merch and stuff. That’s fine, it’s Patreon’s business choice.

But the only person I’ve seen helping in these forums is you, and you don’t seem to be exactly an API dev either, just a WordPress integration developer. :confused:

It’s honestly a bit of a disappointment. And whilst yes, you may believe that Patreon does support the API, it does not. I’m not really sure why I’m paying Patreon hundreds of dollars a month for this sort of instability.

Anyways, I’m going to rewrite the integration for the 15th time and see if it works for the rest of the month, then stop supporting Patreon entirely.

So basically, a user with a different currency is causing total_historical_amount_cents to come out 10 times the dollar value, is that correct?

But the only person I’ve seen helping in these forums is you, and you don’t seem to be exactly an API dev either, just a WordPress integration developer.

Both of them, at this point.

Yes and no. Some of them was 2x, some of them were 3x.

After looking into it, this seems to only be an issue in v1. So I’m rewriting to v2 - except v2 still seems to have some issues with the currency exchange in the lifetime_support_cents :confused:

My campaign currency is in USD

I’m getting this in the documentation but someone who pledged CAD$7 is noted as
lifetime_support_cents: 700

:confused: it should be $5 instead.

so i just tried to maybe just do it the hacky way i did it in v1, where i grabbed the currency of the patron and then swapped it over, but apparently the member’s currency isn’t even in the members resource. :grinning: this is a joke

So total_historical_amount_cents is coming correctly, but lifetime_support_cents is in patron currency?

both of them are in patron currency.

total_historical_amount_cents being in patron currency in V1
and lifetime_support_cents being in patron currency in v2

So total_historical_amount_cents is correct in creator currency in v2. Not v1. Lifetime support cents is incorrect in v2.

You should avoid using v1 and use v2 already.

I am on v2. i am rewriting v2.

in v2 there is no total_historical_amount_cents field.

it’s fine, i found an alternative solution.

How about you try campaign_lifetime_support_cents from v2?

https://docs.patreon.com/#member