Latest Update 1.2.0 kills my Wordpress site (Bad Gateway 502)

I updated my Patreon plugin and it crashed my whole site. I had to have my website hosts deactivate the plugin to even access my admin page. I have no idea how to fix this, as if I even activate the plugin to take a look at the settings I no longer have access to anything. Can anyone help?

Does that happen when you are logging into the site via Patreon?

And, are you a Patron Pro user?

502 error is something that is specific to web servers and connectivity in between them. Its possible that your web host’s server has a connectivity issue to Patreon API and this is ending up in parse errors.

1.2.0 did not have code to deal with such rare situations, but 1.2.1 has it. Its out in 1-2 days but you can try it right away and see if this fixes your issue:

Just install it after deactivating/deleting the earlier one by uploading it to your WP installation from your plugin admin. You shouldnt need to do any configuration since your earlier configuration will not be changed by reinstalling.

Please try it out and let us know if this fixes the issue.

Sorry, it’s still not working. I’m not sure if I need to be contacting people about the plug in, or maybe my hosting provider is bad?

I installed the new version, but as soon as I click activate it takes me to the Bad Gateway message.

Wait, so you dont get the message from a log after your website crashes - but you get sent to the message by the plugin?

That would mean that when your site attempts to contact Patreon API, it cant contact Patreon API and it just shows the message which your server sent the plugin.

In that case, yes, you need to contact your web host and tell them whats happening.