New Import Stopped Halfway Through

I purchased new server space via Dreamhost, setup my new wordpress install and started syncing posts. It stopped, I refreshed/disconnected/reconnected and got it going again on two occasions. Now, it’s just stuck at half of the posts uploaded and will not manually or automatically finished. I’m at a loss for how to make it move.

WP 6.0.1 with PHP 8.0.2
Patreon WordPress 1.8.4 with API v2

There may have been some issue with the cron. Are you using a cron plugin?

No. Should I install one?

Not necessarily but you have to confirm whether cron is running. If you can find a plugin that tests whether the cron is working and install it to confirm it, that would help.

It’s running and showing no errors. The Patreon Plugin says my site health is good.
However, it’s throwing these errors on occasion. I understand the timeout, but I’m not sure what is timing out. Patreon threw me some issues earlier, but I know Dreamhost isn’t the fastest service out there. Just confusing how it DID work and just stopped.

0.17 days ago

get_post - API v2 Class - WP error message cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

0.32 days ago

get_posts - API v2 Class - UUID 1efb0fd4-fea7-54fb-830d-66cb062de40d - Response code: 400 Response :{“errors”:[{“code”:3,“code_name”:“ParameterInvalid”,“detail”:“Invalid parameter for ‘page[cursor]’: Invalid or expired cursor.”,“id”:“1efb0fd4-fea7-54fb-830d-66cb062de40d”,“source”:{“parameter”:“page[cursor]”},“status”:“400”,“title”:“Invalid value for parameter ‘page[cursor]’.”}]}

Cron errors wouldnt show up there. They pertain to WP, not this plugin.

Also that log shows that the attempt to get post literally timed out. It may have been blocked. You should contact Dreamhost and ask about this.

1 Like

I’m going to assume there was a server issue, because it’s SYNCING NOW! Not only that, but my other one has also decided to sync. Thank you!

Great. As I said, this could have been an issue with the cron - either in your WP site, or the server if your site has a true cron. Anyway good that its gone.