Patrons Not Recognized, Need Back-End Help

I’ve been going back and forth with Patreon support for over a week and I can’t seem to get this problem solved, so Nick finally suggested I get in touch with the Dev team and have someone take a look at my site from the inside to try and solve the sign-in problem.

It’s not happening to ALL my Patrons, but it’s about half; they’re getting told they need to become a Patron to access content, get redirected back to Patreon (which they’re already signed into), sign in AGAIN, and then get looped back to my site…where it tells them they need to be a Patron. I’ve been working overtime sending patrons dropbox links to exclusive material because they can’t access anything.

Please help!

1 - Which version of the plugin are you using?

2 - Do you have a caching plugin with a ‘cache content for logged in users’ setting on?

3 - Do you have any sort of caching on the server side at your host? (you may have to ask them this one)

4 - You may try deactivating + deleting the existing installed package, and install + activate the upcoming one below to see if your users get any particular errors.

I’m using version 1.1.2

No I do not, can you link to a recommended one?

Not sure, I’m using Dreamhost VPS

I will try deactivating, deleting, and then reinstalling tonight and get back to you on how it goes

Just check if you have wp super cache or w3 total cache in your plugins list active. Or any plugin with the word ‘cache’.

You have to ask the server side caching to dreamhost in a support ticket.

Before all of that trying the package i linked could provide some pointers.

Turns out that my creator token was expired, which I didn’t even know could happen. Shouldn’t that be at the top of the troubleshooting list to check?

Yes, it should be. Actually we should put some code that checks expiry and warns the site owner…