I used the forced update check via wordpress dashboard/update.
It then threw this error:
A new version of Patron Plugin Pro is available! Please update your plugin to benefit from security fixes, bug fixes and new features. To update your plugin, click here
Dismiss this notice.
Downloading update from License is invalid! The update will fail! If you just saved/updated your license, please wait 30-45 minutes for it to take effect at the update server. You can get your license at downloads section of your CodeBard account and save/update your it in your plugin’s Addons tab.…
Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.
Let me see first if I need to update my license… Need to check how to get to the download section of my codebard account to get the license.
Now what we learned from this is the the link to visit plugin site is incorrect.(for you guys to fix)
That it does not throw the license error there on the pluginpage when trying to update it. (for you guys to fix or extra informing users when downloading first time that this needs to be done)*
That I needed to fill in my license.
So I think this will be it, but this thread still gave you some improvement feedback. Thanks for your support.